200 Magnolia Street
Vaiden, MS 39176
Take charge of your health: Getting active, eating right, and keeping a healthy weight are the three key ingredients for a longer and healthier life.
Plan for Success
Making big changes in your life is hard, especially if you are faced with more than one change. You can make it easier by taking these steps:
- Make a plan to change behavior.
- Think about what might prevent you from reaching your goals.
- Find family and friends who will support and encourage you.
- Your doctor, a dietitian, or a counselor can help you make a plan, or follow the outline below.
Planning for change
- Set a goal you think you can achieve. Start small and be realistic.
- Educate yourself on ways to reach your goal. Decide exactly which one or two behaviors you will be changing.
- Choose how you can measure progress.
- Act on your plan. Review your goals every morning, and measure results frequently. Keep family and friends involved in your efforts.
- Use what you learn: if you are not meeting your goals, look for the reasons why, and plan how to address them.
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY MS STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH: www.Msdh.ms.gov